…… on Biblical Womanhood and Marriage
- Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow
- Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
- Lies Women Believe: And the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- God’s Design for Women by Sharon James
- Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley
- A Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George
- Womanly Dominion by Mark Chanski
- Intimacy Ignited: Conversations Couple to Couple by Linda Dillow and Lorraine Pintus
- When Sinners Say “I Do” by Dave Harvey
- The Peasant Princess sermon series on Song of Solomon by Mark Driscoll
- More Love to Thee: The Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss by George Lewis Prentiss
- Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards by Elizabeth Dodds
- My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma, A Life, with Selections from Her Memoir and Letters by Sharon James
…… on Parenting
General Parenting Material:
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Age of Opportunity by Paul Tripp
- Parenting in the Pew by Robbie Castleman
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
- The Young Peacemaker by Corlette Sande
- Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood edited by John Piper and Wayne Grudem *I have not finished this one yet, but it is a great resource.
- Girl Talk: Mother-Daughter Conversations on Biblical Womanhood by Carolyn Mahaney and Nicole Mahaney Whitacre
- All of the books I post under womanhood or femininity are applicable here, too!
- Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson
- Future Men by Douglas Wilson
- Manly Dominion by Mark Chanski *I have not read this one yet, but it was recommended to me for this purpose.
…… for Family Devotions
Here are some books and other tools that we have found to be useful in our family devotions with our kids, ages 7, 6, 3, and 4 mos.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Sally Lloyd-Jones)
- The Big Picture Story Bible (David Helm)
- The Child’s Story Bible (Catherine Vos)
- The Read Aloud Bible Stories series (Ella Lindvall) (when our oldest were younger)
- Currently we are reading the “real” Bible with them, with passages from the Old and New Testaments.
- The Gospel for Children (Leuzarder)- A catechism that goes through God, the Bible, sin, Jesus, Repentance and Faith, Counting the Costs with picture prompts. This is our second time through with our older ones, and we will probably work on it with our 3 year old in the next year or so.
- A children’s catechism that is a mixture of A Catechism for Young Children and My First Book of Questions and Answers by Carine Mackenzie
- Wise Words for Moms (Ginger Plowman) – this was helpful in discussing how scripture applies and what it looks like in different situations.